JALT TEVAL SIG: Testing and Evaluation Special Interest Group
Japan Association for Language Teaching
The TEVAL SIG is proud to announce the publication of Statistics Corner: Questions and Answers about Language Testing Statistics.
Shiken is the peer-reviewed publication of JALT's TEVAL SIG. Shiken aims to publish articles concerning language assessment issues relevant to classroom practitioners and language program administrators.
Download the Complete Issue
Errata: An uncorrected proof of Dr. Jenifer Larson-Hall's article was inadvertently posted, but has been replaced with the corrected version.
The Japan Association for Language Teaching Testing & Evaluation Special Interest Group
JALT's Testing & Evaluation SIG was established in 1996 with these goals:
- To publish and distribute a regular newsletter with articles related to foreign language testing and evaluation.
- To provide a venue for participants to exchange information about research and discuss testing-related concerns.
- To organize local, regional, as well as national events under the auspices of JALT.
- To ensure regular ties with the affiliates of other professional organizations such as TESOL, JLTA and ILTA which have common interests and goals.
- To host a range of activities at the annual JALT conferences.